Hi,
perhaps the best approach is to use the Database as a object-based tool
which provides any data you need.
Then to solve the task you would first design a reliable Object-structure

So – the first steps are not different from the RDMS-Approach.

The Questions to answer are for example:
People work in companies
Companies employ people
Companies fired people
People fired by companies

etc.

In the classic RDMS world you would consider a m:n-relation.
This implies to use bidirectional edges in orientdb.
The next step is straightforward: What attributes are necessary to describe
the Relationship between People and Companies. These are the attributes for
the edges.
You get the additional benefit that you don't have to know all questions to
be answered (as in RDMS). You just provide some basic properties and  leave
anything else to the user.

(This is just a personal suggestion, not a professional advise)