@Luca: Yes, that's understood. My question was not about what OrientDB *can
*do, it was really more about whether there were really any "good" reasons
to ever use properties on edges. So far, every use-case I've come across
where edge properties were a possible design solution, it seems like
lightweight edges with additional vertices was a "better" solution. So,
under the heading of "just because a product *can *do something doesn't
mean you *should *use it", I was just wondering if @Luigi (or you) would
consider it much of a database architecture/design limitation if OrientDB
didn't support edge properties at all.
--Eric