On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Gerardo @neorigami.com
<gera...@neorigami.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in this idea in order to make diagrams a little diferent,
> but I want to know what folders think about it.

I'm ambivalent. But note: there are many other potentially more
pleasing color combinations, whether you want to remain with light on
dark or vice-versa.

The subject of light/dark contrast and readability is full of myth and
rumor, but in any case I've not yet seen any that talk about
"readability" when it comes to diagrams. There's sound reason to
believe  that studies regarding readability of text are of greatly
limited application to diagrams which have very little text (not to
mention that one can look at studies or habits and the fact is many
who spend their days reading screens prefer light on dark) and many
studies that are oft-cited are about print anyway.

In other words: don't expect consensus; figure out what you like;
don't be afraid of other color combos...

Chris Lott <ch...@chrislott.org>