Lyle Torres asked:

"I'd like to ask you all what would be your answer to a person who is
new to origami and asks what's the best paper for origami"

Best paper for origami, tough question. best paper for a beginner is easier.

We teach literally thousands of beginners, very frequently their first few models ever.

Our go-to paper is colored printer paper, specifically Astro-brights from Wasau paper. The reason we like this specific paper is that it is available in 17 colors, the color goes all the way through the paper (no white lines at the creases), and it is quite strong. It is just our opinion, but we think novices have an easier time with heavier paper. We buy it at Officemax, frequently 20-25 reams at a time. Then we say the magic words, which convert the 8 1/2x11 into 8 1/2 square plus strips good for other things. The secret magic words are "Please cut this on your big-ass paper cutter".
John Scully
Ohio Paper Folders