> Could you possibly also share the list of books?

Sure thing:
Notes on the History of Origami, John S. Smith, BOS #1
The Origami Bible, Nick Robinson, ISBN 1-58180-517-9
Origami Odyssey, Peter Engel, ISBN 978-0-8048-4119-1
Papiroflexia, Eduardo Clemente (Spanish)
Folding Universe, Peter Engel, ISBN 0-394-75751-3

Here are the other recommendations I got so far:
"Origami" Torimoto & Duke
"Complete Origami" Eric Kenneway
"Origami Omnibus" Kunihiko Kasahara
"Origami from Angelfisch to Zen" Peter Engel
"Gefaltete Schönheit" Joan Sallas

Thanks to everyone who sent me recommendations so far.
If anyone knows any more books about the history of Origami I'll be
glad to add them to the list.

Nice Greetings

Anna