Anna from Vienna wrote:  "very often I receive requests from high school
students to name a
couple of books about the history of Origami for some school projects
they are working on."

I recommend Peter Engel's book 'Folding The Universe.'  To quote from Martin
Gardner's comment on the book's back cover, Engel provides "a crisp history of
the art, and explores it's connections with nature, painting, music,
literature, Buddhist philosophy, the psychology of creativity, and even recent
developments in science and mathematics such as chaos theory and fractal
geometry."  All of this is included in his densely illustrated first 80 pages,
one of the best inspiring reads in any origami book.

David Shall