...all of these models fail the most basic test for self-similarity... at
best we can say that each of these displays self similarity at a single
point.

A *very* simple and truly self similar model is the dragon curve from a
strip of paper.  A *very* complex and hard to execute model would be a
Menger sponge.

If I define a "measure" as being 1 at the tip of a petal of a hydrangea and
0 everywhere else, the fractal dimension of an infinite - stage model is
zero everywhere ... except right at the center, but that is a finite set,
so the overall fractal dimension is the same as for a point.

Best,

Galen Pickett

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GeometricOrigami