> If you look at the solid lines in step 1, you'll see that they are
> (partially)
> mountain folds in step 4. So if you track the flip-overs, that means
> they were
> valley folds in step 0 (the one before step 1).

I see that!  I don't exactly understand what's happening at that cormer
[working from the outside only now]: if I try to fold the corner
[mountain fold] over so that it lies along the the indicated line, that
makes a NEW non-prefolded fold perpendicular to the edge.  Is that right
so far?

> So it's kind of like the twist collapse in the Kawasaki rose.
> Well, uhm, at least the way I do it.

Alas, I don't know that...  BUT; if you're willing I'll try following and
throw occasional followup questions [like the above]..   I can see as I
do what I said above the outside is *trying* to twist in over the inner
big hexagon.  i'm going to see if observing that gives me a hint of the
remainging "twisting'

THANKS! very much!!  [aslo, if Doug is actually willing to be more
pestered by me, but the rest of you don't want to see it, just say so and
I'll be happy to take it offline]

Thanks again!!
  /bernie\

mailto:ber...@fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA