...below quote as per list rules.

With best wishes,

Galen T. Pickett

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GeometricOrigami

Now, time for a little rant.  I routinely use data and whole papers from my
colleagues while teaching genetics and developmental biology.  On the few
occasions when I’ve informed my colleagues that I was using their work in a
classroom setting, they’ve been utterly delighted that their work was
worthy of being spread in such a fashion. None would have dreamed of having
their permission sought for such a purpose.

Now the work I’m talking about isn’t the exertions of one person for a
day.  We’re talking about years of highly trained and creative professional
efforts.  Why Origami is so special is truly beyond me.

I agree with you ... But it is no use telling someone that they should give
up their intellectual property rights.  Some will gladly do so, others will
definitely not.  It is entirely the option of the creator ... not the
consumer.

The reality is that most (not all) origami diagrams, finished models, and
even designs are essentially worthless.  The same is true for published
scientific manuscripts (the modal number if citations of a paper is 0).

(And, FYI, the authors release their copyrights to the publishers as a
condition of publication... You need permission from Wiley, e.g., and they
will give you the right to more than "fair use", if you pay a license fee
of several $1000s).

Best,

Galen Pickett