On Sep 23, 2023, at 6:38 PM, gera...@neorigami.com wrote:

I'm curious about it. Where does this idea come from? Who was the first to
propose it and where did he or she do it?

Hi Gerardo,

I’m sure there’s not a “first,” but when I wrote about origami and music in my
book Folding the Universe (1989), I don’t believe that I had come across
anything written prior to that.  A number of creative paperfolders are skilled
musicians, so music is likely an impetus, conscious or unconscious, in their
design process.  I’m not a performer, but classical music has been important to
me my entire adult life, and I know that it has influenced my design process as
well.

—Peter Engel