What an interesting topic! I remember first hearing the analogy between
origami and music when I heard about Robert Lang's use of the term "opus"
for the different versions of his models.

And to change the subject, but not that much, I have for quite a few years
now, when teaching classes at the local libraries, made the analogy between
learning an origami model and learning a dance. In both cases you are
learning a series of steps, that you (often) repeat several times, and once
you have all of the steps memorized, then you can do it on your own,
anytime the fancy strikes you.

..... Chila(gami) Caldera
I think therefore I fold, I fold therefore I am, folding for fun in
Northern Arizona ///