Hello again Robert!

> Karl Avedal wrote:
>
> Hey, great response time, hope it stay this way ;-).

Pure luck I assure you, we get so many questions from everywhere... it's not always
we can answer this fast :)

> I just can't control my curiosity. Can you at least say something about
> optimizations you have implemented? Here's just a short list:
>
> - do you optimize intra-VM calls to beans?

Yes.

> - have you implemented activation/passivation

Of course :)

> - how about large result sets of finder methods? have you implemented some sort
> of lazy-loading?

Not yet

> - any other optimizations with regard to entity beans?

Hmm, none I can think of right now

> your answers might keep my from licensing ejipt ;-),

I better answer fast then ;)

> cheers,
>
> robert
>
> P.S.: will your deployment pricing model have a price per cpu (like weblogic)
> or per server node (like ejipt)?

Per server.

It's a very simple pricing structure. You pay nothing for unlimited development
licenses and $1500 per server you deploy on. Of course this may be changed sometime
in the future but we are not planning any change right now.

Karl Avedal
The Orion team

PS. We're about to release 0.7.7 which has alot of improvements in the EJB
implementation. Might be interesting to check out.