My que I guess. :-)

Karl Avedal wrote:
> About the other servers you mention, EJBoss and Jonas. They're both EJB
> servers
> and don't handle the full J2EE platform. This means no Java Server
> Pages, no
> Servlets, etc. (of course these things can be provided by other
> products, but
> you don't get the same integration and quality/performance as with
> Orion). Also,
> the versions of Jonas we have tried have not yet been good enough to
> really
> work, especially due to scalability issues in their design. I don't know
> if
> they've done anything about this yet. EJBoss however looks interesting,
> but I'm
> kind of partial there since a friend of mine, Rickard Öberg, has been
> helping
> out with it. I think the best thing you can do is to try to deploy the
> same
> application on the different servers and see what results you get.

Karl is quite correct. The last time I looked at the architecture of
JOnAS (from BullS**t) it wasn't exactly topnotch. It won't scale at all.
EJBoss (that I'm working on currently) is a whole different matter. It
will be seriously cool *when it's finished*. Please understand that it's
in development mode right now, so I wouldn't recommend using it for
anything serious just yet.

I have been using Orion myself for the past couple of months, and it has
behaved surprisingly well (not counting a few mishaps that they are on
top of, right Karl? ;-). Since they provide more or less all pieces of
J2EEI for one am very impressed.

Then again, some people have a hard time using great stuff that doesn't
cost them a whole lot of money. If you're one of them, Orion is not for
you. ;-)

/Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg