Hi,

I recently went form .8.2 to .9.1b. I followed the example given on how to set up a web app. I take it the simple old method of pointing to a web-site.xml no longer exists. None the less, I named my app BM. I set up a dir called c:\bm as my root "application" dir. I then put bm-web and bm-web\WEB-INF below it, with a web.xml in that dir (WEB-INF). I know all of this is working thus far, because in the c:\bm\META-INF dir, I had the application.xml and when I first run Orion it says "auto-deploying" and now there is an orion-application.xml in that same dir. It shows its running, but every time I use the browser, it says the server could not be connected to. So..what am I missing?

Here are the listing of my files:

------------------------
/config/server.xml:
------------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE application-server PUBLIC "Orion Application Server Config" "http://www.orionserver.com/dtds/application-server.dtd">

<application-server>
<!-- Path to the libraries that are installed on this server. These will be
accesable for the servlets etc -->
<library path="../lib" />

<global-web-app-config path="global-web-application.xml" />
<principals path="./principals.xml" />

<data-sources path="./data-sources.xml" />

<global-application name="default" path="application.xml" />

<application name="BM" path="c:\bm" />

<rmi-config path="./rmi.xml" />

<compiler executable="c:\jdk1.2.2\compiler\jikes.exe" classpath="c:\jdk1.2.2\jre\lib\rt.jar" />
</application-server>

-----------------------------------
/config/default-web-site.xml
-----------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-site PUBLIC "Orion Web-site" "http://www.orionserver.com/dtds/web-site.dtd">

<web-site host="[ALL]" port="80">
<name>Default Orion WebSite</name>

<!-- Access Log, where requests are logged to -->
<access-log path="../log/default-web-access.log" />

<!-- The default web-app for this site, bound to the root -->
<default-web-app application="default" name="defaultWebApp" />

<web-app application="BM" name="bm-web" root="/" />

<!-- Uncomment this to activate the news app -->
<!-- <web-app application="news" name="news-web" root="/news" /> -->
</web-site>

---------------------------------
c:\bm\bm-web\WEB-INF\web.xml
---------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-application SYSTEM "web-application.dtd">

<web-app>
<display-name>BM</display-name>
<description>
BuyMedia.com web site
</description>

<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

---------------------------------------
c:\bm\META-INF\application.xml
---------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/application_1_2.dtd">

<application>
<display-name>BM</display-name>
<module>
<web>
<web-uri>bm-web</web-uri>
</web>
</module>
</application>

==========================

As far as I know..thats it. Now, the only thing to add is in the default-web-site.xml file under the /config, I tried the following with the root="..." tag in my application tag:

root="/"
root="c:\bm"
root="c:\bm\"
root="c:\bm\bm-web"
root="c:\bm\bm-web\"
root="/bm-web"
root="bm-web"

So, whats the deal? What am I missing or doing wrong? I do have an index.jsp page in the c:\bm\bm-web folder, and I did set the welcome-file to index.jsp. I sure would like to see this thing run.

Question, if and when it DOES run, is this pretty much ready to become a full blown .war file? If so, do I just jar up the entire bm folder, or the bm-web folder, rename it to .war and am ready?

Thanks for any help.

Kevin Duffey
Software Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]