From: james mcmullen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: den 22 mars 2000 07:06
To: Orion-Interest
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: InstantiationException in Tag Extension Tutorial, Lesson #3

Hello all,
I'm getting the same error that David Geary was getting a few weeks ago,
when I get to the end of Lesson 3 in the Tag Extension Tutorial.
My ContactLister.jsp is directly from Orion's website. What could I be doing
wrong?
Incidently, I could only get this far by putting my connections.jar in
/orion/lib, not in /orion/servlets, as it says in step 4 of "Create some
Beans".
If I do put it in /orion/servlets I get "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/acme/connections/Company".
Thanks for any light that might be shed on this problem,

James McMullen
500 Internal Server Error
java.lang.InstantiationException: Could not find the bean named 'contact' in
the page scope
        at __jspPage2._jspService(__jspPage2.java:47)
        at com.evermind.server.http.EvermindHttpJspPage.service(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.pk(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.c1.l_(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.c1.forward(JAX)
        at ContactLister.doGet(ContactLister.java:40)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:185)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:297)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:324)
        at com.evermind.server.http.c1.l_(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.c1.forward(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.dc.ca(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.util.b.run(JAX, Compiled Code)