From: james mcmullen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: den 22 mars 2000 11:39
To: Orion-Interest
Cc: 'Orion-Interest'
Subject: RE: InstantiationException in Tag Extension Tutorial, Lesson #3

Magnus,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I fixed the typo, but my problem remains. How does JSP decide where to look for classes? I've been unable to get my jsp files to find classes in jar files.
For example, if I put hello.jsp and mytags.jar (from Lesson 2) directly under orion/default-web-app, I get "The page cannot be displayed". Yet I can run the example JSPs OK.
Similarly, Lesson 3 says to put connection.jar into orion/servlets, but as far as I can tell it's ignored unless I put it in orion/lib, and I got farther by moving the class tree directly to orion/default-web-app/Web-Inf/classes. What is correct?

James