hello,

i have just been moving a small servlet/jsp app i
wrote on nt over to orion on linux (kernel 2.2.14,
blackdown jdk 1.2.2RC4).  everything has gone well,
except i am having some jdbc trouble.

on nt i was using sun.jdbc.odbc, but on linux i wanted
to try a real type 4 driver.  so i got jturbo 2.0 and
went to work.  i have successfully installed the
driver and recompiled my beans/servlets (i know, the
driver name should not be in there, but i'm still
learning).  i have also edited the data-sources.xml
file, although i am not very confident about that.
when i post a request to my first servlet the app
hangs, cpu utilization shoots to 100 and sits there.
i eventually have to kill the jvm to get it back.

this app was working perfectly using jdbc:odbc on
nt/iis/jrun.  here is the entry in my data-source.xml
file as it currently stands:

<data-source
                name="Nexus"
                                        class="com.evermind.sql.ConnectionDataSource"
                location="jdbc/DefaultDS"
                pooled-location="jdbc/DefaultPooledDS"
                xa-location="jdbc/xa/DefaultXADS"
                ejb-location="jdbc/DefaultEJBDS"
                url="jdbc:JTurbo:167.246.165.222/nexus/sql70=true"
                connection-driver="com.ashna.jturbo.driver.Driver"
                username="sa"
                password=""
        />

can anyone suggest where i may be going wrong or what
may be causing the hanging?

tia,
bradley mclain