Sent: Friday, May 05, 2000 11:41 AM
Subject: BUG: 'shutdown' method not found when running shutdown.jar

This bug is new in version 1.0RC1.

When executing the following to shudown the orion server running on my machine:

java -jar shutdown.jar ormi://localhost admin *** shutdown

I get the following error:

Error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.evermind.server.administration.ApplicationServerAdministrator: method shutdown()V not found

If I deliberately mispell the password, I get the following error:

Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid username/password for default (admin)

So the authentication is succeeding but the actual call to shutdown the server is failing.

--- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" ---
Gordon Tyler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Abraxas IT Services - Component Based Devleopment
Tel: +27-(0)21-6803412
PGP key available on request or finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Official IT Partner to the Two Oceans Marathon"
http://www.twooceansmarathon.org.za