Hello,

In the last few days there has been an extreme amount of traffic to this
list and a lot of discussion about our abilities to help everyone out
with their problems. Some people have also implied that we would not be
interested in helping them with their problems.

First, we do indeed want to help every single one of you with any
problems. Second, over a very short period of time, interest in our
product, Orion, has grown enourmously. Unfortunately, our organization
has not been able to scale in the same pace so far, but believe us, we
are working around the clock to do something about this fast. I
apologize to everyone of you who does not feel that they have received
enough help by us.

As I mentioned before, we will get more resources for support next week
and we are also preparing for a new support structure and system that is
planned to go into production next week or in the week after that. Of
course, interest will also keep increasing, so we do not expect these
changes will be enough, but things will hopefully be helped much. Until
our support structure has catched up totally, for the moment, we do have
to prioritize actual customers and make sure they are helped with their
pressing matters and prioritize actual bugs.

Right now a better support structure is ineed our number one priority,
followed by other information distribution like documentation and
web-site content. This will give results sooner or later. Until then, we
promise that we will do our best to help you but we can not guarantee
that evaluators and people using Orion for free will get prompt feedback
on every issue. To help us, please make sure you are mailing the correct
address for your question.

support@ for general support questions
info@ for general info
sales@ for sales questions
bugs@ for suspected bugs
orion-interest@ for general discussion aimed not for the Orion team but
for the Orion community.

Regarding the shutdown issue. We are working on it. However, it's a very
strange problem, since we have not been able to get the same error on
any of our boxes we have tested on (about 10 boxes with different JVM:s
tested on same box). Our boxes are probably weird ;)

Considering the amount of people who do get the shutdown problem, I'm
sure that we will be able to reproduce it very shortly, and when we've
been able to reproduce it, it should be a matter of minutes to hours to
fix it. We will let you know about the progress!

Regards,
Karl Avedal
The Orion team