Hi
First I have to thank the orion team for a great product, keep up the
good work. We have been developing with orion for some time now and it
is a dream.

The one thing that have been problematic for us is the SSL support.

The problem is that the only implementation of the JSSE specification
is JSSE self. None of the providers of SSL are implementing the JSSE
interface. This indicates that JSSE will not be widely accepted.

There are two problems with JSSE. The first one is that it
is just a reference "proof of concept" implementation. The second
problem is speed. Java is not very well suited for the type of
numbercrunching that SSL require.

As I understand orion relies on JSSE for its SSL support. What you
want in a real application is either to have SSL support from
a native SSL provider like OpenSSL or be able to have orion work
as a plugin with apache or iis like JRun and Jakarta.

Do you plan to support a native SSL provider in orion?

Best Regards
/Daniel Stahl