Paul,

There are two possibilities to your question:

The first is giving additional class assess to the EJB's themselves, in this
case I added classes111.zip (to allow the EJB's to access Oracle directly)
to the startup of the Orion server like so:

export CLASSPATH=orion.jar:/home/jack/oracle/classes111.zip

and then start Orion by running the class directly like so:

java com.evermind.server.ApplicationServer

because if I run it via the "java -jar" it will not see the classpath
environment variable.
Perhaps there is a better way to do this?

The second is giving some other class (in this case Tomcat servlet server)
access to the Orion classes to allow EJB client access, I did it by adding
various Orion jar files (orion.jar, ejb.jar and jndi.jar) like so:

export
CLASSPATH=/home/jack/ejb_orion/item:/home/orion/orion.jar:/home/orion/ejb.ja
r:/home/orion/jndi.jar:/home/jack/oracle/classes111.zip

before starting the Tomcat server.

Or perhaps there is something more to cocoon?

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Rob Lapensee
Director of Technology