I see that, but that sets the policy of which libraries to use at the server level. When you have a large codebase then pieces of it and the applications may use different non-binary compatible versions and this breaks the component model of J2EE. Except for the J2EE version, each app should be self reliant.

This is what I think anyway.
Eric :-)

Tom Wnuk wrote:

Actually, there is a simple method to turn it off.

>From Magnus Stenman:
"Remove parser.jar and jaxp.jar from the Orion directory and then start
Orion
with a -Dxml.parser=xerces switch. This launches Orion using the xerces
parser only. I hope it helps."

I agree, they have stepped outside the spec on this one but maybe the spec
should be changed.  How does a container process the ejb-jar.xml file if it
can't load a parser?  Hopefully, they don't have to write another one just
to conform.  It's one of those gray areas I think.

At least I don't have to 'hack' the jar files and Orion has provided a
switch.

Tom