I have a shared partition for Java source and class files (directory is a shared Samba
directory, which is mapped to a partition under NT). Compiling and running Java
programs with JDK (javac and java) works fine. But Orionserver has problems running
Java classes which reside on that shared partition.

Error report from JSP-page compilation:

Syntax error in source
__jspPage2_project_project_jsp.java:7: Ambiguous name: fi is both a class and a
package.
import fi.infomates.project.*;

If I copy the contents of that shared partition to a local drive everything works just
fine.

Does Orion access disk resources somehow differently? It's the only program having
difficulties with that mapped partition.

        Aleksi Kallio
        Infomates Software Technologies