At 19:57 21.07.00 , Magnus Stenman wrote:
>Hi, context-root is a "hint" to deployment tools and as such will be used by
>the Orion deployment tools when suggesting a mapping at deployment time. The
>actul root specified is a deployment setting though and as such doesnt
>belong in the assembly descriptor. For instance a web-app can on the same
>server be mapped to different roots on different sites etc. I agreee that
>the spec is a little (very) uncler on this point.
>
>Hope it helps!
>
>/Magnus Stenman, the Orion team

OK, that clears things up. So it is in conformance with the spec to map a
web-app to different roots on different sites. Great. We're using that at
the moment and I was afraid this would not work in other J2EE environments.

Thanks for the quick response,

Robert
(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de