there's also a noticable improvement in startup performance. attached are
some numbers for our typical development setup (5 rather heavyweight ejb
applications deployed). the machine is a dual PIII 700 with 640 Meg RAM
running linux and sun's beta jdk 1.3 using hotspot server VM. the test is a
regular server restart with no autodeployment taking place.

version mem    startup time
1.1.27 65156 70 sec
1.1.30 42320 22 sec

keep going. this really is an important step forward for daily work with
orion. great work!

regards,

robert

At 13:08 23.07.00 , Yann Doussot wrote:

>         Hello,
>
>         I just want to let you know that I have noticed a great speed
>improvement in the latest Orion with an heavly EJB based application
>(compared with 1.1.24). Keep up the good work !
>
>BTW it would really be nice to have some kind of change log with the
>orion updates.
>
>--
>Yann Doussot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Grey Interactive - France - http://www.gifrance.com/

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de