From: Robert Krueger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Orion-Interest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: Orion and CMP

nothing stops you from writing the orion-ejb-jar.xml yourself. orion will
not touch your settings when the file is parsed augmented and rewritten.

from my experience it's better to let orion write the file (with
autocreate-tables="off" so you don't get any junk in the db) and then
change the table and column names and redeploy. it's much less work.

what we do is generate the orion-ejb-jar.xml files with the code generation
tool that also generates the ejb code and the db schema so it's no work at
all.

regards,

robert

At 15:39 02.08.00 , Ratz, Peter wrote:
>Hello,
>
>i am new to orion and i am writing my first cmp bean.
>My bean "Customer" has attributes like name, street ... .
>Within my database (Oracle) the table name is "cust" and the column names
>are nam, str ... .
>I know that i can specify a mapping in orion-ejb-jar.xml.
>But this file is generated during deploying my app.
>How can i specify the mapping during assembling my app?
>I would like to set the table name and the field name mapping before
>deploying
>my ear-file.
>
>Thanks
>
>Peter

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de