hi kevin,

I would suggest (not meant as a wise-ass comment) you read up a little on
j2ee and ejb in particular. a basic understanding of what's governed by the
spec and what's container-specific and the concept of roles (bean provider,
deployer etc.) is absolutely necessary and saves you lots of unnecessary
work especially with orion that doesn't come with tons of wizards and
tutorials.

At 07:10 03.08.00 , you wrote:
>thanks for the pointer. ok, i understand the basic get and store stuff,
>but for the finder methods... i have one last question.
>
>if I am setting up a finder where it needs to find a row/s based on a
>series of values (where x < 100) then i write the sql. where do i put
>the sql? in which xml file does that sql get stored in? the ejb-jar.xml

cannot be in ejb-jar.xml as the sql (could even be an oodbms as far as the
spec is concerned) is container-specific and ejb-jar.xml is a j2ee dtd.
it's the orion-ejb-jar.xml. just check some examples and you'll see
immediately how it works. there are some slightly advanced things like the
ability to specify free sql queries instead of just the where clause
(search the list archive, it's in there, serach for "partial") but the
simple finders are very straight forward.

could you please post this stuff to the list so others can participate and
the archive gets more valuable for all users?

regards,

robert

>file? or in the application xml file? does it make a difference?
>
>thanks,
>kevin

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de