My environment:
   * Windows 2000 Professional
   * Orion 1.2.0
   * JDK 1.2.2
   * SQL Server 7.0

I've created a simple server with one entity. It deploys just fine and
creates its table. I've gone through the fun of figuring out the
jndi.properties and application-client.xml stuff needed to get a standalone
java client to run. However, when my client creates its first entity bean,
the client dies with this error:

System/communication error: Transaction was rolled back: Database error:
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] SQL data type out of
range; nes
ted exception is:
        java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] SQL data
type out of range
com.evermind.server.rmi.OrionRemoteException: Transaction was rolled back:
Database error: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] SQL
data type out of range

The table it created had the id as a varchar(255) and the id string
generated inside the ejbCreate function ends up about 12 characters long.
The other fields are null at the time and the table create has all fields
except the primary key field allowing nulls. Here is the create table
statement:

create table Content (id varchar (255) not null primary key, title varchar
(255) null, author varchar (255) null, description varchar (255) null,
source varchar (255) null, copyright varchar (255) null, mimeType varchar
(255) null, creationDate datetime null, expDate datetime null, modDate
datetime null)

Is there any way to get Orion to log it's SQL statements for CMP beans? Or
does anyone have some insight as to what's happening?

Thanks.

Kurt in Seattle