You are correct... This is exactly what I want to do, not redirect.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Krueger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Orion-Interest" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 3:41 PM
Subject: RE: Orion and IIS

I think you misunderstood his question. he meant forwarding, not
redirecting. he wants to set up IIS to provide SSL protection for pages
served by orion. IIS would serve as a proxy then. quite a difference. I'm
not an IIS expert but it looks as if what you propose would only send a
redirect for someone accessing the server root. so apart from not
protecting the pages you would not even redirect requests correctly (like
an appropriate mod_rewrite setup with apache would).

regards,

robert

At 21:10 21.08.00 , you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Redirecting all requests from IIS to Orion is as easy as:
>
>1. Create an ASP page in your default IIS directory (usually
>InetPub/wwwroot) called "default.asp"
>
>2. The contents of the file should be the two following lines:
><%@ Language="VBScript" %>
><% Response.Redirect("http://localhost:8080") %>
>(NOTE: Substitute the redirect URL to your servername:portnumber )
>
>3. That's it!
>
>Best of luck,
>
>Runar.

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de