Perplexed by a problem I'm having:

I have a custom login solution that writes a string to
a user's HttpSession Object:

session.setAttribute("login", new
java.util.Date().toString());

In the app, I have a controller servlet that checks
for this session attribute with each request:

      Object done = session.getAttribute("login");
        if (done == null) {
          res.sendRedirect(relogin); ...

In my web.xml I have the session timeout set to 15
minutes.

Everything is working fine in http:// sessions.  Now
that I have switched over to SSL (https://), sessions
seem to timeout in about 1 minute.

Why?  Is this some sort of default setting?

Also, I'm noticing a difference in the URL when I move
around the site in a SSL session now.  URLs now look
like:

https://protected.company.com/Action?cmd=myaccount;jsessionid=Oa6HTKaeJpki3ZNlC_zHuKUEu80WAyXKdC7qPTT4plE=

I never had the "jsessionid=0a6H...." before.

Please help me understand what's going on here.

-Todd