I ran into this with IE yesterday too.  Since IE hit the page the first
time, and displayed raw xml, it is probably cached.  At least it was in my
case.  After getting the content-type right(the same way you did), I
cleared my cache, and all went fine.

James Birchfield

Ironmax
a better way to buy, sell and rent construction equipment
5 Corporate Center
9960 Corporate Campus Drive,
Suite 2000
Louisville, KY 40223

|--------+------------------------------------>
|        |          KirkYarina                |
|        |          <Kirk.Yarina@securebydesig|
|        |          n.com>                    |
|        |          Sent by:                  |
|        |          owner-orion-interest@orion|
|        |          server.com                |
|        |                                    |
|        |                                    |
|        |          09/07/00 02:55 PM         |
|        |          Please respond to         |
|        |          Orion-Interest            |
|        |                                    |
|--------+------------------------------------>

>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     Orion-Interest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                 |
  |       cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                 |
  |       Subject:     Re: XSL example
                                                 |

>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I don't know if this is a bug, a feature, or if I've just screwed up my
copy of MSIE, but I can't get a formatted web page out of the xsl example
using 1.3.3.

The example doc.jsp links to doc.xsl, which has a output method of xml -
which IE 5.5 displays as xml source.  No problem here...

I tried changing the output method to html,  ( <xsl:output method="html"
indent="yes"/> ) but it still displays as xml rather than a formatted page
(which it does when saved in a file).  I captured the headers,  which show
a Content-type of text/xml:

HTTP/1.1 200 OKsl/doc.jsp HTTP/1.0