Perhaps the EJB 2.0 spec on javasoft would be a place to start.  The whole
thing is quite long, but Chapter 9 explains the new persistence mechanism,
and that's probably all you need.  The main differences (but by no means
all the differences) are:

 1) you need to specify the appropriate dtd at the top of the ejb-jar.xml,
so that the first few lines look like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE
Application 1.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd">

2) the "bean" class is abstract, and has pairs of abstract get/set methods
instead of data fields for the persistent fields.

Nick