I just tried out version 1.3.8 and they have implemented the time out
for db connections now. I haven't searched to find out where you specify
they timeout as the default is 60 seconds (way too long in my opinion).

Anyway, if you can upgrade--that should hopefully help your problem. I
don't know exactly which version they fixed it in.

-joel shellman
http://www.ants.com/