Hello,

I had posted some questions about caching couple of days back. I hoped that
some of these questions were answered by the new documentation. I am still
missing answers to those questions. I request that some information is
provided for these.

1. Does Orion implement EJB object caching? If yes, I'll appreciate some
details on what has been implemented.

2. I want to find out specifically about CMP based EJB caching. When are
these beans cached and what evicts them from cache? I have implemented some
CMP EJBs and I see that anytime I want to access these beans, a database
call is made. To clarify, my client starts up and instantiates these beans
and then exits. When I restart the client, when it accesses the same beans
leads to database calls.

3. Some details about session beans caching will also be appreciated. Does
Orion allow that some number of session bean instances be pre-created? If
yes, how can this be specified?

4. I have been able to successfully deploy some CMP EJBs on Orion server.
The
issue is that I have to copy the orion-ejb-jar.xml file to the
application-deployments directory if I change this file. Is it possible to
include this file in the jar file for EJBs. I tried adding this file to
these directories in the jar file: META-INF, orion, META-INF\orion and it
didn't work.

I'll appreciate a response.

Thanks,
Deepak