On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Jim Archer wrote:

> I'm currious to know what database products people are using with Orion,
> open source or commerical. Also, please include any comments about problems
> if you have had any, or anything thats really great.

Actually, we're right now in the process of evaluating DB products for a
"serious" production environment. HyperSonic works fine for quick tests,
but I don't feel like using it for really important stuff.

So far:

 InterBase 6.0 for Linux. Trouble mapping the "long" datatype. Prone to
spurious crashes/deadlocks.

 SOLID: Again, Orion refuses to map "long" correctly. Otherwise it seems
to work fine.

//Mikko