At 16:32 03.10.00 , you wrote:

> > Not to disparage Orion (a great product!), but it's extremely
> > unlikely that
> > Orion will approach IIS's speed of serving HTML pages.  IIS is highly
> > optimized using native NT APIs to perform this task extremely
> > quickly.  Does
> > anyone have any benchmarks?
>
><personal_comment>
>         Eh? Personally, I consider IIS to be amongst the slowest
> websevers out there...
>         Never seen any benchmarks that says otherwize, do you have any
> links?
></personal_comment>

Well, I've indeed seen benchmarks that show IIS very fast in serving static
html on multiprocessor machines but very slow in dynamic content, compared
to other technologies. I think the tests compared IIS and apache/mod_perl.

Robert

>There are benchmarks for Orion vs IIS on the Orion site
>

> > Of course, if Orion serves your pages fast enough for your
> > needs, then it
> > doesn't matter if IIS is faster.
> >
> > - Kyle Cordes
> > - www.kylecordes.com

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de