1.) You can cleanly shut Orion down using the following command: java -jar admin.jar ormi://yourservername admin youradminpw -shutdown
Or, you can use the Orion console by right-clicking on the Server and choosing Shutdown from the Context-sensitive menu.

-----Original Message-----
From: Miles Daffin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2000 2:12 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: New 2 Orion.

Hi,

I have 2 questions for the Community:

1) I can start Orion (1.3.8) using a batch file but I cannot believe that the only way to stop it is 'Ctrl - c'. Is it?
2) I find the instructions for creating a new application a little scanty - does anyone know where I can find a real idiots', step by tedious step, guide to setting up an alternative to the default application?

Thanks.

--
Miles Daffin
Java Developer, Netherlands.