On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Nathan Phelps wrote:

> 1.) You can cleanly shut Orion down using the following command: java -jar
> admin.jar ormi://yourservername admin youradminpw -shutdown
> Or, you can use the Orion console by right-clicking on the Server and
> choosing Shutdown from the Context-sensitive menu.

does the -restart switch also works? it doesn't work with me. this is the
error I get:

C:\orion>java -jar admin.jar ormi://localhost admin xxxxxx -shutdown

C:\orion>java -jar admin.jar ormi://localhost admin henp123 -restart
Error: javax.naming.NamingException: Lookup error: java.net.ConnectException: Co
nnection refused: no further information; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further
information

what is the difference between "java -jar admin -restart" and "java -jar
orion.jar"?

thanks.