Did you set all the properties you need to access the jndi tree in
orion? You need to set these for a program outside orion access the
orion JNDI tree:

java.naming.factory.initial=com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFctory
java.naming.provider.url=ormi://<host>:<ormi-port>/<domain (application)>
java.naming.security.principal=<username>
java.naming.security.credentials=<password>

(Taken from www.orionserver.com documentation)

Hope this help