At 13:58 12.10.00 , you wrote:
> >it's a shame Software AG failed so miserably making Adabas D a
> >well-supported product. they were the first commercial database vendor to
> >port to linux and the software has all the features you need (including
> >clustering support) at an unbeatable price. somehow nobody outside germany
> >seems to use it, which is why we'll eventually be dropping it (no community
> >support).
>
>Robert,
>
>dont you think that this is going to improve now that SAP DB (same  as
>ADABAS D?!) is on the way to open source??

I was not aware of that. I just checked the docs and didn't find anything
on clustering. Does it support that? I know Adabas D does (or used to?).
Definitely worth a look, though. Thanks for the info.

Robert

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de