At 13:58 12.10.00 , you wrote:
> >it's a shame Software AG failed so miserably making Adabas D a
> >well-supported product. they were the first commercial database vendor to
> >port to linux and the software has all the features you need (including
> >clustering support) at an unbeatable price. somehow nobody outside germany
> >seems to use it, which is why we'll eventually be dropping it (no community
> >support).
>
>Robert,
>
>dont you think that this is going to improve now that SAP DB (same  as
>ADABAS D?!) is on the way to open source??

one more thing. have you used sap db with orion? if you have or will please
keep the list posted how well everything works.

robert

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de