the web app structure should look something like this(which is really just an
unpacked WAR)

web-app/
                *.html, *.jsp, ...
                WEB-INF/
                                    web.xml
                                    classes/
                                                  loose classes(override lib
directory jarred classes)
                                    lib/
                                         jar and zip files of classes

Then I believe you need to add a line to server.xml in orion/config that looks
like this:

<application name="my app"  path="path/to/my/app"
deployment-directory="path/to/my/app/deploy" />

Hope this helps

-Matt