Nils Frohberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem with my EJBs that i cannot solve. I try to access a EJB via a
>JSP page:

> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: NamingException: Error instantiating web-app
>JNDI-context: No location specified and no suitable instance of the type
>'de.tako.user' found for the ejb-ref ejb/user
>         at com.evermind.ejb.taglib.UseHomeTag.doStartTag(Compiled Code)
>
> My <ejb-ref> looks like this:
>
>  <ejb-ref>
>   <ejb-ref-name>ejb/user</ejb-ref-name>
>   <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
>   <home>de.tako.userHome</home>
>   <remote>de.tako.user</remote>
>  </ejb-ref>
>
> Is there any aspect i am missing?
>
> I could not find any clues on the list, nor in the web. Maybe someone can give me a
>hint? :)
I had the same problem more or less. Do you have a jndi.properties file
in the web-app ?? I'm not exacly sure where to put it for EJB in JSP,
but try putting it in web-inf/classes if that does not work move it
around some.

sven

Sven E. van 't Veer
http://www.cachoeiro.net
Java Developer                                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]