Are you accesing it thru "java:comp/env/ejb/user" ???
because just accessing "ejb/user" won't work

-----Original Message-----
From: Sven van 't Veer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Viernes, 13 de Octubre de 2000 7:21
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Re: Problems with EJB and JNDI-context

Nils Frohberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem with my EJBs that i cannot solve. I try to access a
EJB via a JSP page:

> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: NamingException: Error instantiating
web-app JNDI-context: No location specified and no suitable instance of the
type 'de.tako.user' found for the ejb-ref ejb/user
>         at com.evermind.ejb.taglib.UseHomeTag.doStartTag(Compiled Code)
>
> My <ejb-ref> looks like this:
>

> Is there any aspect i am missing?
>
> I could not find any clues on the list, nor in the web. Maybe someone can
give me a hint? :)
I had the same problem more or less. Do you have a jndi.properties file
in the web-app ?? I'm not exacly sure where to put it for EJB in JSP,
but try putting it in web-inf/classes if that does not work move it
around some.

sven

Sven E. van 't Veer
http://www.cachoeiro.net