IMO, the mailing list is just fine. If there are too many messages for your
inbox, then you should filter it away. All the popular mail clients will
handle this.

I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way, nor am the only one who
belongs to many other special-interest lists, all delivered via email and
filtered.

I belong to roughly 40 or so development lists, some of which average 40-50
messages a day. They happily get filtered away into their own folders. (In
fact, I just archived my Postfix users list from the past year-- 14,000+
messages.)

If the list does need to be split, it should be split by the Orion folks as
they deem necessary.

Please realize however, when talking about splitting the list into different
development disciplines, that is no longer Orion specific, it now becomes a
Java app development list-- which there are already many.

If someone volunteers to setup a web-based "message board" or a separate
NNTP server, then that is their perogative. But I do believe that not
keeping the product support channels centralized will not only confuse the
new users of Orion, but also be the cause of frustration trying to find out
which method of support is actually productive.

Thanks for listening.

--
David S. Kenzik
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://kenzik.com