-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Duffey, Kevin
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 5:37 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: EJB Help..

Hi all,

I am trying my hand at EJB with Orion, and I am wondering if there is any
way to avoid the hassle of always having to package the ejb classes into a
.jar file, and so on. Is there any way at all to develop and deploy ejbs
using an expanded dir structure, much like in the development of a .war
file..where you have the whole www dir, WEB-INF, etc expanded..but then jar
it up and rename it to .war for deployment? It seems rather tedious on ejb
development every time a change is made, the whole thing has to be
repackaged and deployed. I know there are some tools, such as JBuilder,
VisualCafe, etc that do this for you somewhat nicely..but even those take a
little bit of time to do it. So, for the purposes of development, where many
changes are happening on any regular basis, how can I quickly develop and
test ejb, with Orion, or any app server for that matter. I do want the
ability for the context.lookup() call to work. The reason is..I have two
computers, networked. I want to develop the ejbs on one computer, and have
my www stuff on the other hitting them over the network so that i can get
some kind of feel of the performance. I have a 4-way switch, so I can
develop www stuff, then switch over to the other computer and do some ejb
stuff. I will run one instance of Orion on each computer. However, I don't
mind also being able to run www and ejb stuff in the same on instance on one
computer, as long as the lookup stuff is used the same way, even though the
ejb's are running locally.

Any pointers on how to set up Orion to do this, including the
application.xml <module> tag (how to point it to the right place instead of
the ejb.jar file, for example so that the ejbs will get picked up by the
server), web.xml, orion-web.xml, server.xml, etc..anything that needs to be
done to get this to work.

Thanks so much for any help.