This is something I have found puzzling about Orion's relationship
mapping.  I suspect it is probably one of those "partially implemented"
parts of Orion.

It appears that when one-to-many relationships are used, Orion creates
and uses a separate relationship table.  As far as the EJBs are
concerned, everything works just fine, but the table is not a very
efficient solution.  In fact the "many"-side object table has a column
for the mapping field, but my experience has been that this is unused
and left as null.

FYI, the orion-ejb-jar.xml (and associated documentation) makes for
interesting reading.  Looks like there are a *lot* of choices for exotic
(read: not accounted for in the current EJB spec) mapping types.

Karl/Magnus:  Is there any way we can find out how complete the
implementation of new EJB2.0 features is?  I don't know if you folks
would rather we enter this kind of stuff in Bugzilla or just leave it
alone and wait.  Maybe a separate category should be set up for EJB2.0
bugs?

Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]