why don't you post a minimalistic example with your ejb-jar.xml and
orion-ejb-jar.xml. It must be something <no_offense>really
stupid</no_offense> as we've never had those problems in more than a year
of intensive orion use.

robert

At 12:25 30.10.00 , you wrote:

>>>Strange thing..I posted this a couple of times too. For some reason, I
>>>can NOT get my ejb to find another ejb. I am able to find both ejbs from
>>>the servlet just fine, but I can't get one ejb to use the other. Right
>>>now its one session trying to use another..but it worries me when it
>>>comes to entity CMP use. I can only think of one problem..that my ejb is
>>>not using the proper context. I do this in the ejb:
>>>

>>>Context context = new InitialContext();
>>>
>>>Object ref = context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/EJB2");
>>>

>>>That always throws a  NamingException (or it might be RemoteException..I
>>>can't remember which one it is that I always get).
>>>

>>>So, looking at the ejb example(s) with Orion, it appears they all have a
>>>jndi.properties file with them, and I recall reading in my ejb book that
>>>supposedly each vendor has different settings. So the question is..do I
>>>need to create the context in one ejb with these properties set? What is
>>>the code used to find one ejb from inside another?
>>>

>>>Thanks.

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de