Hi Urey -
Here is what Sun says about your immediate problem.....
Workaround #1:
--------------
If you are only interested in the English version of the Petstore
then please use following steps.  Please note this option will not allow
you to view the Japanese version of the Petstore.

1. change directory to
        jps1.1/src/petstore/src/docroot/xml
2. open the file named "requestmappings.xml".
3. delete the following line:

   <screen-definition url="/xml/ja/screendefinitions.xml" language="ja_JP"/>

4. save the file with the line now deleted.
5. build and deploy the petstore.ear

There are a number of other issues associated with this particular release of the pet
store.

You aren't finished yet!

Go to the main source directory - on my machine it is c:\jps1.1\src\petstore\src\
and open estore-ejb.xml:

Find the line securityAdapterClassName and replace the value for the j2ee security
adapter
with

<env-entry-value>OrionSecurityAdapter</env-entry-value>....

The whole entry should look like this:

      <env-entry>
        <env-entry-name>securityAdapterClassName</env-entry-name>
        <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
        <env-entry-value>OrionSecurityAdapter</env-entry-value>
        <env-entry-value>true</env-entry-value>
      </env-entry>

Next:

Do the above in the ..src/docroot/WEB-INF/web.xml (i.e. replace the j2eesecurity
adapter
w/ OrionSecurityAdapter.

Also in that same file look for the lines that look like:
    <form-login-config>
      <form-login-page>formbasedloginscreen</form-login-page>
      <form-error-page>formbasedloginerrorscreen</form-error-page>
    </form-login-config>

and replace the page names as follows:

   <form-login-config>
      <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
      <form-error-page>/error.jsp</form-error-page>
    </form-login-config>

build the application and deploy the new ear file.....

NEXT:

The old estore-orionadapter.jar file will no longer work with the petstore (works only
with
version 1.0.x). Do this:

1.) Extract all of the files from the estore-orionadapter.jar and open
OrionSecurityAdapter.java
2.) Replace:
.
.
.
import com.sun.estore.account.ejb.DuplicateAccountException;
import java.security.*;

public class OrionSecurityAdapter implements com.sun.estore.util.SecurityAdapter
.
.
.
With:
.
.
.
import com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.petstore.control.DuplicateAccountException;
import java.security.*;

public class OrionSecurityAdapter implements
com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.petstore.util.SecurityAdapter
.
.
.
and then compile this file - then jar it up into the customerEjb.jar file that is
created when you
deploy the application: for instance in the directory
orion\applications\petstore -

I probably missed a step or so - but these are at least most of the major issues.

Have fun!

Ray Harrison
Senior Managing Partner
TSG Interntational, LLC