this may be related to a problem I've been discussing with Magnus ..

<magnus-quote>
Basically the default mode for client RMI calls have been changed from
serialized to multithreaded, as serialized prevents certain kind of
callbacks (ie those occurring while executing the original call, not in
another thread). Serialized offers better throughput in some cases though
(and better scalability until J2SE 1.4 arrives, less threads per client) so
that mode is still settable in rmi.xml.
</magnus-quote>

he sez it's fixed in 1.4.1 ...

58.html),
and when we run the report writer we get a:

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error deserializing return-value:
BusinessUnit_En
tyBeanWrapper36; nested exception is:
        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: BusinessUnit_EntityBeanWrapper36
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: BusinessUnit_EntityBeanWrapper36
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bc.findClass(JAX)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a8.resolveClass(JAX)

                etc...

What would we need to do to get the report writer to find the necessary
classes?

Regards

Rob Hargreaves